As a younger generation of technology and data science providers our utmost goal is to have a positive impact on changing the investment landscape for good. We aim at becoming the driving force of a new generation of investment managers, that not only complies with responsible investment guidelines, but trusts them.
Altin Kadareja, CEO of CARDO AI
What is the PRI
The PRI is an international organization,
backed by the UN (United Nations), the lead proponent of responsible investment with the objective to study and analyze the impact of investment decisions on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors.
The PRI was founded in 2006 by Kofi Annan, who was at the time secretary-general of the UN.
Since then, more than 3,600 organizations joined the PRI as signatories, with a combined USD 100 trillion under management.
The PRI supports its signatories in the implementation of these factors into investment and ownership decisions.
What it means to be a PRI signatory
The are several types of PRI signatories:
- Institutional investors: pension funds, foundations, insurance providers, development finance institutions, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, wealth managers and asset managers (multi asset or single asset)
- Businesses that service these investors: investment advisors, sustainability/financial consultants, assurance providers, rating agencies, data/research providers, brokerage firms, proxy voting firms and stock exchanges.
As a service provider and now a signatory of PRI, Cardo AI will deliver services to support and advance sustainability in the investment industry.
Specifically, any PRI signatory commits to the following six main principles to guide signatories into the implementation of ESG issues
into their decision-making and operations.
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
What becoming a PRI signatory means to Cardo AI
This represents for Cardo a big step towards the promotion and commitment to responsible investment.
Our goal is to support our clients in having a real impact on sustainable investing and bring ESG factors into the private debt market. One of the ways we aim to do so is with our upcoming product, which consists of managing ESG scoring and rating data, both from external and internal sources.
As of today, asset managers, banks, and pension funds are still struggling to correctly identify, monitor and report on responsible investment frameworks.
With our new technology, creating and managing your responsible investment framework becomes easier, faster, and better. You can analyze, monitor, and report ESG metrics at fund, loan or collateral level.
Do you want to find more about our commitment to ESG? Contact us
or subscribe to our newsletter
to receive insights and news about ESG and private debt.